Senior Account Manager
Location: Lake Success, NY/Queens-Long Island border
With 25 years of experience in web applications and integrated marketing, our enthusiasm and depth of process ensures bottom line amplification for our clients. Amplify drives growth forward for industrial companies and associations through lead generation and business development. Established in 1994, Amplify boasts one of the highest retention rates in the industry – with clients who have been with us since the beginning and team members who are still with us after 20 years!
About the role
Our clients need to get the right advice from us, and our Senior Account Managers need to be able to deliver it — straightforward, intelligently designed and direct including intended KPIs. That’s what our clients depend on us for.
The growth-focused Amplify Senior Account Manager works with clients to strategize and plan remarkable marketing implementations that grow their businesses.
Specifically, this position is responsible for delivering a truly remarkable digital solution, marketing experience to our clients, from start to finish.
Amplify Senior Account Managers need to be comfortable and clear on the many technical, digital and tactical, opportunities available to our clients and clear in their expert perspectives. The position then shifts into working with our clients through these enhancements to ensure their company shines above their competitors and their marketing drives long-term, sustainable growth.
Some of what you will do
- Manage multiple clients
- Work with clients to scope, counsel, strategize and advise on lead generating marketing strategies and tactics that quantifiably grow their businesses
- Create the overall digital marketing strategy for your clients and manage the implementation of that marketing program on a day-to-day basis
- Deep dive into analytics, competitive landscape, and our clients’ goals – offering unsolicited recommendations based on solid evidence or talking clients through the “whys” behind their marketing tactics in clear, easily understandable terms
- Guide clients, as their lead generation specialist, throughout the implementation of their complete marketing program.
- Provide support to smaller client engagements, including special projects like website updates or copywriting
- Help craft the messaging strategy and offerings
- Establish strong relationships with each of the clients you work with
- Lead new client kick-off meetings in conjunction with our team
- Work with clients to recommend the tactics for ongoing engagements
- Work with prospective clients to recommend strategy and tactics for new engagements with our firm
- Work with the creative team to ensure your clients’ messaging is delivered in consistently innovative and engaging ways
- Manage clients’ overall success and continuously brainstorm effective ways to continue growth
- Ensure clients you are managing are highly satisfied
What you are, what you know and have
- Agency experience. Experience with developing marketing strategies (knowledge of the digital space a must, knowledge of the traditional space a plus) within an agency
- Leadership experience and qualities — need to be a team player who knows how to coach/mentor, provide guidance to a larger team and be a good collaborator
- Analytical — must be comfortable living in the data, analyzing the data and using key takeaways to guide strategy on an ongoing basis
- Relationship developer — skilled at developing client relationships/partnerships
- Capable of delivering clear and concise communication both to team members and clients in a professional/productive manner
- Provide well-articulated expertise/guidance on lead generative marketing
- Strong understanding of how to prioritize strategies/tactics to achieve results for clients within budget
- Out-of-the-box thinker
- Open to learning and professional growth
- Comfortable with change
Foundation of success
- The key to being successful in this position is juggling a variety of tasks and ensuring the marketing initiatives deliver the expected results
- At least 5 to 7 years of marketing experience developing strategic marketing plans and tactical marketing programs for a variety of different industries
- Proven track record of developing marketing programs that have contributed to increased revenue, new customer acquisition and customer retention
- At least 5 years in an account management or client-facing role with an agency, consulting firm or internal agency
- An understanding of inbound marketing and/or experience working with marketing automation software is preferred
- A student of marketing with a passion for continually learning new ways to practice your craft
- Excellent written communication, verbal communication and presentation skills are a must
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams, meet deadlines and exceed expectations
- Very strong proficiency using Microsoft Office
- Undergraduate degree; MBA preferred
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive compensation and benefits package included.
- Participation in company health (medical, dental) insurance plans after 90 days full-time employment
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Matching 401K
- Flex Spending Plans
- Life / Disability Insurance