What is SEO?
SEO – search engine optimization – is a collection of best practices in website design and management that help you raise your website’s visibility in online searches related to your business. Following SEO principles produces a better experience for users, which makes it more likely you will attain higher search results ranks.
Research shows nearly half of all search traffic for most search terms goes to the website in position #1. The vast majority of the rest of the traffic goes to other websites on the first page. Practicing SEO can make a difference of thousands of website views over the course of a year.
The principal benefits of SEO come in the form of more organic traffic from search. However, this is only the beginning. SEO improves user experience, which makes people more likely to return to your site and share your content. It also helps you establish and improve your funnel for turning prospects into leads.
7 Tips for Beginners in 2021
- Use SEO keyword research to understand the precise search terms your audience is using
- Build a content marketing strategy by creating useful, informative articles around those terms
- Commit to publishing helpful content on a regular basis, starting with at least one each week
- Perform a site-wide SEO audit to understand where to fine-tune your on-page SEO factors
- Improve your website’s loading time by using lossless compression on visual elements
- Make sure your website is using SSL security, even if you do not use your site to take orders
- Implement website analytics and check data at least once a month to see how you are doing
Possible Changes for the Future
SEO changes on a regular basis when Google updates its algorithms. However, changes are always focused on encouraging website owners to deliver a more valuable user experience.
Because of this, it is often said that SEO is a marathon, not a sprint. Working with an industrial marketing firm can help.
Risks of Doing SEO Badly, or Not at All
As you practice SEO, it helps you solidify competitive advantages that become increasingly difficult for others to duplicate: After all, only a handful of websites can be in a strong position for any search term. The longer you wait, the harder it is to “break-in” to certain competitive areas.
Contact us for personalized advice on SEO and marketing for industrial companies.