There are many ways to make your website memorable and stand out from the competition. In addition to being eye-catching and informative, you want your business website to be easy to navigate. One way to do so is to make the site mobile-friendly. A website that’s easy to navigate will be one that your current and future customers return to time and time again.
Benefits of a Mobile-Friendly Website
Websites that are designed for PC and laptop users have different components than ones that are created for mobile users. In fact, about half of all worldwide web traffic is from mobile users. When you create a website that’s mobile-friendly or update it to be so, you’ll have the following benefits:
- More mobile users will visit your website
- More mobile users will return to your website after an initial visit
- You won’t have frustrated site visitors who are unable to access various features of your website
- The site visitors who use their mobile phones to visit your website may be more likely to buy your products or use your services since they can easily navigate your site
These are a few of the many benefits your company will see from a mobile-friendly website.
Risk of Your Site Not Being Mobile-Friendly
If you don’t take the proper steps to ensure your website is mobile-friendly, the following may occur:
- Your site visitors may not be able to read the text in the best way
- The user may not be able to click on the various links
- The website visitor will become frustrated and not return to your site in the future
If your site visitor can’t view the text on their mobile phone or tablet in the best way, you may lose a potential customer or current client due to their frustration. Therefore, it’s essential to make your site easier for mobile users to view.
10 Tips to Make Your Site Easier for Mobile Users
Here are ten easy tips to turn a less-than-mobile-friendly site into an easy-to-view one:
- Use large buttons so users can easily see them and tap on them.
- Simplify menus on your site to make it easier for users to view and click.
- Make the text size large for mobile users to see.
- Display contact details in a clear and easy-to-find spot.
- Provide a simple search feature for mobile users to use.
- Offer short forms for mobile users to fill out when necessary.
- Don’t use pop-ups as these functions can distract and annoy mobile users.
- Use a call-to-action display that gets the mobile user’s attention without covering up the text.
- Revise your mobile site periodically if something seems to not be working efficiently.
- Avoid fancy designs and keep the overall setup simplistic.
When you put these tips into motion, you can make sure your website caters to the mobile-friendly crowd as well as the PC users.
Speak with the experts at AIMG to optimize your site for mobile today!