As a business owner, you may have heard of SEO but might not be 100 percent sure how this technique works. With that said, SEO is something every business owner with an online presence should know about. Especially a B2B company!
Read on to learn more about SEO and best practices for this online marketing strategy for B2B entities.
What Is SEO?
SEO, also called search engine optimization, is a way to draw in potential clients to your online sites. It’s also a technique to help your website rank higher on search engine pages than competitor sites. The result of SEO is to expand your online reach and turn potential customers into actual ones. By adding keywords to your content that business leaders and managers use when searching for products and services, you can draw in potential business customers and help your sales numbers.
The Benefits of Strong SEO
You don’t just want a basic SEO strategy. You want a strong SEO strategy that works. In fact, 61 percent of B2B marketers note that SEO and organic traffic produce more leads than any other type of marketing strategy. This is why you want a solid SEO technique in place.
Here are some benefits of strong SEO techniques:
- You get your online content seen
- You focus on your target audience and don’t waste time reaching out to those who can’t or won’t use your services or buy your products
- Your website will get higher rankings on search engines, and your online reach will be unlimited
- The more your content is seen via strong SEO, the more sales you’re likely to get from business consumers
With the right SEO strategies, you can bring potential customers to your website and other online content.
Risks of Poor SEO
If you create online content for your B2B company but don’t include SEO strategies in your content creation, you won’t rank as high as you could on search engines. And if you’re not on the first page of search engine results, it’s likely that B2B companies won’t find you online. This means you’re missing out on potential sales and new client relationships. Therefore, you want a high-quality B2B SEO strategy in place for your company.
20 SEO Best Practices for B2B Entities
Create content that converts and draws people to your online sites. Here are 20 SEO best practices for B2B entities to follow:
- Do keyword research that directly involves your B2B site.
- Know what your target audience’s search intent is and use keywords relevant to it.
- Check out what your competitors use in the way of keywords and use some of those terms.
- Show off your industry expertise with technical content.
- Produce informative blog content with SEO in mind.
- Optimize product and service pages with relevant keywords.
- Make sure your homepage and landing pages use SEO.
- Use natural language and write for the reader.
- Use Google Analytics to track goals and conversions.
- Ensure your brand identity is communicated correctly.
- Make sure the content is mobile-friendly.
- Secure your site to gain more access to site visitors from search engines.
- Use SEO in all your social media posts.
- Create informative content and don’t produce keyword-stuffed articles.
- Use video content and SEO strategies together.
- Infographics and SEO work well together, so use them.
- Always consider industry changes and adjust your B2B SEO strategies accordingly.
- Note any Google changes and adjust your SEO techniques in keeping with them.
- Use question formats in your content.
- Increase your number of linking domains to rank higher in search engines.
Keep these tips in mind as you embark on the journey to improve your B2B SEO strategies!